Download

Need some help with source code

Hi, I’m trying to get unrealengine to work on my linux opensuse 13.2, I foulard the directions on github and it downloads installs but when I try to ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh This is what I get.

/GenerateProjectFiles.sh

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

+ xbuild Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
Android/UEDeployAndroid.cs(573,11): warning CS0219: The variable `AndroidCommandPath' is assigned but its value is never used
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/AutomationTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Platform=AnyCPU /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Scripts/AutomationScripts.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Linux/Linux.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
/home/Andrea/Downloads/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Linux/Linux.Automation.csproj:  warning : Project has unknown ToolsVersion '11.0'. Using the default tools version '2.0' instead.
/usr/lib/mono/2.0/Microsoft.Common.targets:  warning : TargetFrameworkVersion 'v4.0' not supported by this toolset (ToolsVersion: 2.0).
LinuxPlatform.Automation.cs(246,25): error CS0117: `System.IO.Directory' does not contain a definition for `EnumerateFiles'
LinuxPlatform.Automation.cs(17,91): error CS0117: `System.Environment.SpecialFolder' does not contain a definition for `UserProfile'

What do I need to get this to work?

Hey Realm Games,

Here is a wiki page that talks about how to get the initial build of the engine working on Linux: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

You may want to check check the section header “Recent Mono versions” depending on which version of the engine you’re trying to build. That section mentions the same error you’re getting with the “unknown ToolsVersion ‘11.0’.” Hopefully this helps get you started with UE4 on Linux.

Cheers,
Doug

Can you do a tutorial for install in OpenSUSE?