Need list of outputs for "Get Platform Name"

I am looking for a list of possible outputs for the “Get platform name” function. Unreal documentation only displays a handful of outdated platforms like PS4 and XboxOne. But I need to know how PS5 and Xbox Series X and S are output from this node.

2 Likes

I’m also looking for the list of platforms that can be returned, or at least trying to get some pointers how the format might look like (for example: is it going to be PS5 or PlayStation5?, is it iOS or IOS, can it return iPadOS? Is it Nintendo Switch or Swift or UNKNOWN? etc)
Any help will be greatly appreciated! :pray:

This is a very good example of the excellent and absolutely complete Unreal Engine documentation… xD

Strings are: Windows, Mac, IOS, Android, PS4, XboxOne, Linux

Yes, but as of 5.3, the documentation still only says “Consoles” instead of PS4. I need to know what the exact string is for PlayStation 5. While it’s probably just “PS5,” the platforms we’re looking for are not explicitly stated on the website.

Hi, I was wondering if you had found a solution. I have the same problem too

No, unfortunately not. I haven’t sent the game to the test PS5 we have, which will hopefully give us an answer. Hopefully I will get back to you soon.

1 Like