Need help with understanding blending of multiple animations

I have been using UE4 since a few months now for a class project and have gotten around understanding the basics of animation blueprints.
However, I cant wrap my head around how to blend multiple animations :confused:

Let me explain my use case:

Say I have 3 playable characters which have distinct attack animations (like an rpg game)
For e.g :
Character 1 has 5 melee attacks and 2 long range attacks along with corresponding animations
Character 2 has 1 melee attacks and 7 long range attacks along with corresponding animations
Character 3 has only 5 long range attacks along with corresponding animations

Each character has to choose at max 6 attacks to use in battles which is stored in a variable called attackList (array of names).
Now, during a battle, I use my player controller to keep track of the currently selected attack from attackList (basically index of attack in attackList)

Now when I left click the animation for that attack should play

This is where my confusion starts…
If I use my player controller blueprint to play that animation, I cant blend it with the WASD movement in the anim blueprint
And If I use my anim blueprint I dont know how to conditionally switch between different animations

So, how should I go about implementing the animation blueprint so as to allow me to select the animations dynamically and also blend it with the characters WASD movement?

P.S: Sorry if this is a noob question :stuck_out_tongue: