Need Help with Sequencing Map

i’m at a loss with team selection, can anybody help me out? it should be simple and maybe it is and i’m complicating it…
my vision:

pre game lobby where we wait for the number of players to join, then we go to an area where the players must choose between 4 teams, (game mode is 4 teams of 3)…
once teams are chosen the players spawn into the arena in the team spawn, where it should countdown and round begins…

i cannot for the life of me figure out how to sequence it this way.

i’ll gladly take advice or even hop on a discord call with someone to figure this out, i’m using fortnite creative 2.0 (UEFN was a bit challenging for my first map so i stuck with creative in game for the easier route)

thank you in advance!

Hey desvisco, I think I understand what you’re trying to achieve. There are many ways you could set this up, but here is one example: Your pre-game lobby can be determined by a group of spawnpads set to “island start” and “pregame only.” The next area, where players select their team, can be determined by a set of “primary” spawn pads. Here they can choose between 4 teams using the class selector zone, with each one being set to a different team. When they enter the class selector’s zone, you can use a teleporter device to move them to their team base. You can use a player counter device to determine how many people have entered that zone, and disable the zone after 3 entries. Finally, you can use a timer device and barriers to to initiate the round’s start. (ie. barriers around each base will drop when the timer ends).

If there is respawn enabled, you’ll want to make sure you disable the initial spawn pads and have backup team specific spawn pads at each base. Hope this helps!

1 Like