Need Help With Poseable Fence

Ive got a skeletal mesh with joint at ether end of a fence segment so i can skew it along the ground.
im trying to pose the mesh from the construction script using a vector with show 3d widget checked.
but when i bring the blueprint into the map i can move the widget and the bone follows but as soon as i let go of the mouse button it snaps back to its default position.

also using a set actor rotation node instead works as expected, and moving everything into the event graph and setting the variable from there works too but neither are what im going for.

Are you trying to move the bone or the component? If you put up a picture of your blueprint it may help, but I suspect something is setting that variable as 0,0,0 in the construction script.

heres the bp.

ok, turns out it does work its just a bit janky. it sticks to the previous transform, so once its posed adding a quick second transform then undoing does the trick. i also had to copy all bone transform stuff into begin play for it to work at runtime.
edit: also none of this of the case with actor rotations in the constuction script, so if im doing something wrong, please let me know.