Need help with materials

Can anyone point me to a tutorial, or anything, on how to make a material spread over time? Think like creep from SC2. I have found tuts that talk about changing a material completely from a box trigger but nothing about spreading over time. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi a piece of advice. Try to use more descriptive topic title’s to attract responses. “Need help with materials” is a little bit too vague and many people will just skim past without reading.

Something that might be useful to you is sphere masking in materials, there are quite a few tutorials on it. You would want to icnrease teh radius gradully over time.

If you want to be able to add arbitary additional points then I would look at using a scene capture to create a top down mask of the level.

I wrote a blog post on the subject a while ago: Creating Procedural Masks with Render Targets in UE4 – George Hulm

Thank you very much for all your help! This is my first time posting here so I will remember to be more descriptive next time I have a question.