Need help with making UI Menu for changing Materials

As you can see in the below , i was able to make a collision box and when the player enters , there is a button to change a set of materials , i wanna make this into such a way that when the player clicks on the object , a UI Menu shows up on the side and they can pick the materials accordingly

1. create an actor
  2. add your object as static mesh
  3. hook up onclick event like this
  4. implement it

Im sorry but can you please tell me in a bit more detail way , on how is this supposed to open an UI Menu , im a bit new to unreal engine

Hey @BeyondBB! Welcome to the forums!

To get you started, check out this non Epic affiliated tutorials that should get you exactly what you are looking for:

Hi @Quetzalcodename , thank you for sending me this tutorial , but honestly it seems quite unclear to me , is there a similar tutorial which is a bit more detailed for UE5 , cause i was able to figure till a certain point but after that its just not clear

Hey @BeyondBB,

Where are you having trouble? Can you share what you have so far?

Hi @Quetzalcodename ,

I tried to make this , when i click on the cone , it should open a menu and i should be able to change the colors of the cone with the options given in the menu , after trying everything i can , i was able to get the click to work to display the menu , but its not working now , bascially what i want is , when i click on the cone , the menu should open up with colors and textures , upon selecting the textures , it should apply the same colors to the cone , as of now the cursor and game cursor dont work , as once the menu opens , i cant select the options

Hey @BeyondBB,

Which portion is not working? Actually displaying the menu? Or something else? You say you had it working, what did you change? If you don’t mind sharing more of your blueprints we can get a better idea of what may be going wrong.

I guess the issue is with the Cursor and Game cursor modes , when i play the same thing in android , the colors are changing , but in windows setup , im unable to figure how to get the game cursor to be hidden and then select colors with cursor and then close it and then get back to game mode

Hey @BeyondBB,

So you are wanting to both hide the mouse cursor and use the mouse cursor to select your materials? I’m not exactly following because making the cursor invisible will make it difficult to impossible to s accurately navigate your UI on PC. Could we get some specific clarification on what exactly the process is that you want the end user to go through? As specific as you can make it.

If by chance you are trying to show your cursor for the menu option and the above post was a misworded, when you click the cone you are still hiding your cursor. You can also directly address your mouse cursors visibility using the “Set Show Mouse Cursor” node.

Hey @BeyondBB!

Checking in! Was the above the solution you needed? Were you able to solve this problem or are you still having issues with it?

Hi @Quetzalcodename , thanks for the concern , i got a bit occupied with other project work , as ive realised that if my end goal is to make an app , i should start developing it that way , as im working on windows as the platform and im trying to achieve things needed for an app , its becoming a bit confusing , im gonna start the project fresh off from scratch , i hope thats the right way to deal with this , let me know if there is a better way to deal with this , thanks again

if you can suggest me some good tutorials or course for starting a mobile game dev project from scratch , that’d be great , thank you