I’m following the MetalGamesStudios Landscape tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHVuVVHlUmM&list=PLyfbinWLdAUwiStRx7Zil-O0OLzpIBB9l). However, Landscape editing is not working for me. The generated landscape is all black as opposed to the grass texture like in the tutorial. In Sculpt mode, I see the circle brush when my mouse hovers over the terrain but when I left mouse click, it is not sculpted. Instead, the camera is being moved like in Place mode. I’ve viewed the scene in wireframe and can see the terrain but I can’t figure out how to sculpt it.
Here are my steps:
- Create a new blank project with starter content included. I left the default assets (chair, table, lighting, etc) in the scene.
- Create the grass and dirt landscape material as shown in the video.
- Go to Landscape mode.
- Select my landscape material for the new landscape.
- Click Create.
My two problems are:
- There is an issue with my landscape material.
- I can’t sculpt the terrain by LMB clicking.
Any suggestions or tips? Thanks.