Need help with fps multiplayer

Hello,

I really need help with setting up multiplayer. I have gone through at least more that 10 tutorials on how to set it up and I just can’t figure it out. I know how to replicate things, etc. But I just don’t know where to begin.

I was hoping someone could help me out? I just need an example of how to add multiplayer to the first person example.

Thanks in advance,
Ray :slight_smile:

multiplayer is not easy topic.
First you must know multiplayer communication ie events, dispatchers, interfaces, pointers.

Another tip is:
replication works from SERVER to Clients
if you want to do something from client to server, you need to do remote procedure call (create event with parameters you need, make that event run on server then call it from client side).
Also client and server even in same actor blueprint are not same blueprints really. So client side variable is not same variable as “variable on server side with exactly same name”. This is what i find quite confusing in unreal setup. So stuff you do after “has authority” is really done on two separate copies of game.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I thought it would take at least a few days for me to get a reply, because I tried unity3d and took two weeks to get a sh1tty reply like “Get gud loser!” I’ve been loving unreal so far :smiley:

There are plenty of tutorials on youtube on how to setup multiplayer and all the stuff, if you keep on learning you will eventually understand it all, im still learning but there is some stuff that I am finding impossible to find on the internet xD