I am following a tutorial series, “Creating an Inventory System and Interaction System in Unreal Engine 5.4.” I am on the second episode of the series and I am coming up on an issue on my end at the 00:22:00 section of the video. When I interact with the second item it is not blocking me from interacting with the item that oversized to my Max Stack Size. https://youtu.be/hxJuBWmzYIY?si=UTU9m-vSRLmPfWld
Rewatch the video from the beginning you either made a mistake, forgot to add a node, or are in the wrong version. Double check each of these things first.
Hello @BigBlu2k7 ,
I was watching the video and following the tutorial step by step, and what happens is that the functionality works as follows: if you pick up an item, with the way it is currently set up, it will add the missing amount until it reaches 50.
What is happening in the video, and why it does not let him pick it up, is because he has another item nearby. So, since it would “go over” that limit, it picks up the other item instead. But if he pressed the pickup button again, it would add the item as I explained previously.
At 12:05 he explains it when he says: “that should tell us how exactly would be able to add before we go over the max stack size”.
And at 12:30 he explains that, for what you’re trying to do, where it does not pick up the item when you’re already at the max stack size, you need to create additional math.
I’m leaving you a video that shows it working the same way as it does for him. The difference is that once the item is by itself, it lets me pick it up
He probably explains that part later in the tutorial as well. If not, let me know and I can help you create that logic.