Need help with Clothing

While using animations my characters clothing tears showing the model underneath. Basically when my female character is climbing up a wall her butt sticks through the shorts I have her in. What areas should I be looking into to fix this.

When importing the clothing From Daz I have it set to Auto Follow Transform and it does until certain points in the animation. Basically completely natural positions One leg straight the other bent etc. I really can’t figure this out and need some help. There HAS to be a way to fix this I would think.

1 Like

Fixed it by just applying a mask to the underlying model, literally NOTHING else worked. Feels to much like bubblegum and bailing wire but shrug it works.

Other solutions wont usually work with unreal - vecause unreal never took the time to properly implement them.

Were nvcloth properly inplemented, you could add backstop values to the clothing to prevent interpenetrations.

As things stand (and have stood for years) removing the non visible parts of the model is both Best Practice, and the only solution…

Well I feel better now then cause I really felt like I was southern rigging it and that is was poor practice “which it really is in my opinion” but if it is the best solution lol.

It is for the game engine.

If you get the NV tool and use the direct pipeline, back stop can be used to produce details such as muscle under a garment hit by wind - say in Maya.

Generally if you need anything that detailed you wont be using a game engine and simulated physics anyway…

So I guess one could create an alembic cache and import that to render in engine without any simulations happening …

For a game, that’s overkill (though it would be cool?).

yeah cept I can’t even seem to get alembic assets working in unreal without graphical errors… Really sort of regretting my choice of engine now to be perfectly honest. I have yet to approach a single aspect of my project that hasn’t been rife with problems.

1 Like

Yes, sounds like unreal.