Need help using an ini parameter to change weapon damage

Hi,

I am very new to this and have been trying to create a very simple mod that will change the damage of an arrow based on an ini parameter. Using a demo to create a “Flint Arrow” as my base, I am trying to create an arrow that can have its damage to health, torpor and food adjusted based on ini parameters. In the proj ProjImprovedTranqArrow Event Graph, I was able to create the logic to properly read in the following parameters n the ini file (updated prior to starting the editor):

D:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKDevKit\Projects\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\Windows\GameUserSettings.ini
[Kineko’s Adjustable Tranqs]
ImprovedFlintArrow.Health=20
ImprovedFlintArrow.TorporMultiplier=2.0
ImprovedFlintArrow.FoodMultiplier=1.0

In my ProjImprovedTranqArrow, I constructed the following event graph to read in the values. If they are missing, I do want it to use zero so I am not checking to see if that is the case.

What I don’t understand is how to apply these properly to the target. My attempts so far have resulted in all damage going to Health. What method should I use to do this, as I could not find a demo that shows how to program this (although I found several on how to do it directly in the DmgType files, they were not adjustable).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

It’s all in the dmg types so you won’t be able to adjust torpor or food multipliers dynamically through the projectile other than basing it off the projectile dmg. IE: torpor is multiplied by proj dmg so the higher the dmg, the more torpor is given.
What you can do is make several dmg types with different values for each and then change the dmg type it uses based off the .ini settings. IE: 0-10 = dmg type 1. 11-20 = dmg type 2, etc…
However, you will still be limited unless you want to make hundreds of dmg types to have one for every possible number.
If that makes sense.

I was really worried that the answer would be along those lines. Thanks.