Need Help Making Chords with U.E. 5 Metasound

I’m trying to have multiple instances of a Metasound (each with a different frequency(float) value as input), playing simultaniously to generate a chord. I can play individual notes just fine, but when I try and play more than one note together the sound becomes very distorted. Is there any way around this?

I’m not really familliar with using synthesizers or the U.E. audio system in the least. I managed to create a very basic tone that has an attack, decay, and sustain values multiplying a sin wave for which I am getting an Input Float value for the frequency. It sounds terrible but atleast it holds a tone.

I also have an actor that functions as a sequencer, essentially a grid with a ‘flat’ cube (trigger) that travels across the grid, tirggering actors that play notes along its path. Having single notes playing at a time is fine, but the problem comes in when the trigger hits multiple notes at once.

I’m new to the forums so let me know if there’s anything I can add or do differently to help get the right ideas across :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes