Need Help Making a Portal to Another Level.

Hi everyone I’m having a bit of a problem I am trying to make a portal to any level that I want. Now I was able to do that but by following a tutorial at two different sites that said the extact same thing. The two sites are (kitatus.co.uk) for a step by step tutorial and the other site is a video tutorial that is at (Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial : Loading Screen / Level Transfer - YouTube).

Now by following this I was able to make a portal from level 1 to level 2, but I can’t figure out how to make portal from level 2 to level 3 or vice versa.

The image below shows which level it can open, you set it, but it’s only one level at a time and if you want the portal to go to another level you have to change it in the same Blueprint.

What I would like to do is if you are in Level 2 if you go into one portal it’ll take you to Level 3 and the other portal will take you back to Level 1. That is what I’m trying to do. Can anyone help?

Hi!

My first ever reply… a bit too late! :wink: But who knows…
You place let’s say a trigger box in the main level. Select it. Go into your main level blueprint. Set an onactoroverlapevent (will be linked to the trigger box because it was selected) and attach it to an openlevel node. Set the name to Level 2 (your second level).
So now you have your first portal.
In Level 2 place a new trigger box. And do everything the same BUT in the Sub-Levels - Level 2 blueprint and not in the main level blueprint! One trigger box you can set to open Level 1, the other one to open Level 3…
…I guess you can figure out the rest! :wink:

Good luck! :wink: