FX Artist (Unreal 4)
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
The FX Artist (Unreal 4) is responsible for developing and producing aesthetically hi quality FX work that meets the challenges of productions deadlines. You are someone who is able to problem solve, work within a given framework, while creating efficient technical workflow solutions that meet the guidelines of a given production. Most importantly, you are able to engage as a enthusiastic team player and follow creative direction to assure all FX efforts achieve their visual target within the Unreal 4 engine.
- Use an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena while developing innovative solutions to complex problems with the Unreal engine.
- Produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot
- Create working test composites for review by the CG Supervisor, Creative Director and Producer
- Work in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Stay on schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of work
- 1-3 years of similar experience in either feature films and/or visual effects.
- Knowledge and experience creating run time game engine FX is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle rendering voxel based systems
- An eye for detail, good sense of timing, and through understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and/ or Houdini
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Matinee
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Knowledge of a node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality results
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to email@example.com