Need advice for motorcycle game/which can be completely disassembled and reassembled.

Hello community.

As you can read in the title, I’m planning to build something like this.

First it’s just a matter of preparing all the parts correctly. As it is very detailed( only a few tiny parts are missing. There are even washers under the nuts).

Is it correct if I create each part as a separate mesh with the global axis centered at the origin, but in the finished motorcycle mesh at the correct local axis position?

I hope I have made myself clear. The vehicle should consist of many individual parts that can be added or removed. So now I plan to build it completely in the 3D program, rig it. Then I will create a separate mesh for each part that can be removed, not at the global axis origin, but at the point where it can be installed later.

Is that right to start with?

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Each part that needs to be swappable should be it’s own mesh. You could then assemble the mesh based on the body of the motorcycle, invisible locators / sockets, or whatever your preferable method would be.

Regarding the pivot and axis, keep it all the same or based on one direction that you would like to use, so that the assembly later will be easier and doesn’t require any post rotation of meshes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.