Need a Suggestions for Graphics Card in my PC Build

Hey Guys,

I’m new here, I am building my own gaming PC. So as you can see I’m a bit confused about my graphics card can you help me to suggest something about this, and I need the best yet affordable graphics card for my Build?

PC Builder Part List: https://pcbuilder.net/rigs/47yrYP/

1. Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X Processor 16 Cores & 32 Processing Threads, with Cooler ($799.00 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X399 EATX HEDT Motherboard with onboard 802.11AC WiFi, USB 3.1 Gen2, and AURA Sync RGB Lighting ($726.99 @ Amazon US)

3. CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,240mm,Dual ML120 PRO RGB PWM Fans, ($197.00 @ Amazon US)

4. Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified ATX Full Tower Gaming Computer Case ($235.07 @ Amazon US)

5. Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra, Overclocked, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Triple + iCX2, 65C Gaming, RGB ($3,190.00 @ Amazon US)

1. RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series, 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4000MHz Desktop Memory with CL17 ($250.39 @ Amazon US)

2. Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 970 Plus 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 1024MB Cache ($299.99 @ Amazon US)

3. Case Cooler: NZXT AER RGB 2 - HF-28140-B1 - 140mm - Advanced Lighting Customizations - Winglet Tips - Fluid Dynamic Bearing - LED RGB PWM Fan for Hue 2 - Single ($29.99 @ Amazon US)

4. Power Supply: Corsair RM 850 Series, 80+ Gold Certified 850W Fully Modular Power Supply ($134.94 @ Amazon US)

Total: $5,973
Generated by PC Builder on 22th of May 2021

It’s not a good time to buy graphic cards now, since they are very expensive. Anyway if you need a GPU, you have to balance between the price and the performance that you need. A RTX 2080 is great, but if you want to save something, try to search for lower models like RTX 2060 or older GTXs.

$3,190 for a RTX 2080 Ti is insane, the normal price should be around 500-650$. I would wait for new RTX3060Ti, RTX3070Ti and RTX3080Ti that Nvidia will release pretty soon, rumors say 31 of May. So if you are fast and lucky you could get one at a decent price in computers stores, since they will not work for crypto mining, instead that crazy overpriced 2080 at amazon.

1 Like

If you can wait and try to get a current RTX graphics card then go for that, it just takes some work to try and get one when they come in stock. Don’t pay insane prices, especially what you were looking to pay for a 2080 Ti because it’s absolutely not worth that price.
The CPU also you should get a newer model, the 3950X is newer even and is about the same price. You should spend some time looking into your CPU in general.

1 Like

This build is pretty bad; all over the place and with some truly bizarre choices.

I’m new here, I am building my own gaming PC.

Why look for help with a gaming rig on a game-dev forum? Gaming is quite different from development even though some needs will overlap. For example:

• 2950X is not a gaming CPU, 5950x will blow it out of the water and is priced roughly the same (still not a gaming-oriented CPU…)
  • $700 mobo? is there a feature you need that warrants the steep price?
  • only 16GB of RAM? While OK for gaming, it’s not acceptable in a $6k! build
  • 2080ti for $3k. No, just no. You can get a 3090 for half the price

Why not try here:

The site is gaming oriented.

And if you want a game dev bias, opt for a higher tier CPU, double the RAM, get away with a weaker video card. A couple of quality 4k monitors instead of a single 240Hz panel and so on.

1 Like

3,000$ for a last generation cpu, and a 2 generation old cpu? Use pcpartpicker not pc builder, because those recommendations suck. Made a build for you for a much more reasonable price with good specs.
Note: Now really is a very bad time to be buying gpus, the prices are insane rn for many reasons.
Tip: Put cpu and ram on first, or even the cooler before putting the mobo in the case. Thank me later.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bits360/saved/#view=QZ4vjX