Need a help - hand painted assets rejected

Hi all!

I work with hand-painted stylized assets and can’t submit nothing because my sets are qualified as “low poly \ simply stylized” and rejected because they have “Not enough content”.

At the same time hand-painted stylized assets have high-poly sculpts, all PBR textures (like Normal maps, Roughness, AO etc) and demand at least the same amount of work and skills level as realistic assets if not even more. It’s not a single-color stylized low-poly where rule of " Approximately 50 to 150+ unique assets depending on the complexity" sounds reasonable. Creating 50-150 hand-painted assets can take months!

I see that some “non-simple” stylized assets still found their way to the Marketplace ( like this: 12 meshes and one foliage → PBR Stylized Tombs Pack in Props - UE Marketplace ) and hope you can suggest me the way how to do the same.

Example of my work (it’s only 3 props out of a set of 15 that i uploaded and were rejected)

Other stylized works at Marketplace:

2 Likes

I had the same problem.
It’s a bad policy that encourages quantity over quality.

I purchased VFX once that was basically the same effect, with slight variations multiple times. Not really worth the price. The same thing would be denied if it was 3 effects with a color setting.

I also prefer fewer assets in a package.

2 Likes

I sell less complex assets and single meshes at another platforms but they often don’t give you opportunity to set a low price because of cost of paypal transaction I think. So last week I sold a banana for $4 because it’s the lowest possible price of a platform and I just have this prop and I put it on sail… Now I feel a real shame for selling a single unreal banana for the price of a real chicken :frowning:

Everything is a bit unbalanced. Thanks to UE Marketplace team they’ve already answered to my e-mail and approved my set. But I afraid next asset will have the same fate - the rejection and long e-mail dialogue with support.

1 Like

Glad to hear it :+1:
Was there are reason they accepted it now? They weren’t helpful with me.

Before I began I figured they just make sure it’s a valid asset, like Google and other markets do. I don’t think it should be their place to gatekeep beyond that. Developers can decide for themselves what they can use. And they’re preventing those options from being available.

They didn’t write about reason, unfortunately.
I think because I explained in my mail it’s a complex asset, mentioned materials for 3-5 textures, high-poly sculpts, hand-painted and etc, they just made a reasonable decision. Maybe you can re-upload your work and set the same arguments?
Add couple screenshots with the same level of active works from Marketplace.

That paragraph in rules about 50-150 stylized assets is definitely must be improved and maybe if there are more complaints, they will pay attention to it.

Wish you good luck in it!

1 Like