Need 2 Editors

I’ve been trying to get this working for a few days now without much luck. We’re developing a simulation that can be modified and monitored in real-time and I need two Level Editors, one with all of the original menus, toolbars, etc., plus some extra plugins to extend it, to be used for development (importing content, building the levels, etc.), and another one for run-time that is stripped down with only the extended features to be used to set up the simulation and run it. There will be no game client, just two editors. I’ve tried compiling an additional Editor in different directory but when I go to open the project with the new Editor, it wants to create a copy of the project and rebuild everything.

Is there a way to set up my VS project so that it can compile two different Level Editors to use the same project, or some other way to make this work?

I think I’ve figured out how to use a single editor but hide/show bits and pieces based on user permissions but it requires hacking some of the engine source code, which I’d rather not do since it will be overwritten if I upgrade. If anyone knows of an easier way, I’d love to hear it. Thanks!