nDisplay SDI output to LED wall nodes

Hello all,

We’re setting up nDisplay for an LED wall. Our setup consists of 5 Unreal Engines, each rendering one 4K signal. We’re using Unreal Engine 5.2. Machines are synced using nVidia sync boards.

Using the DisplayPort outputs of the machines (converted to 12G SDI externally) this works OK, but now we want to use an AJA Corvid44 - 8K to output the 12G SDI to the LED processors.

We were able to do this using blueprints, with a MediaCapture asset, containing the AJAMediaOutput asset, using CaptureActiveSceneViewport.

In version 5.2 though, the nDisplayConfiguration has an option for a node and for a viewport, under the “media” section, to add Media Outputs. There we are able to select the AJAMediaOutput, but when starting the project, we see our outputs flickering a few times, so it looks like it’s doing something, but we are never able to get an image.

We’ve tried this both with the “headless” option enabled and disabled.

Is there any information on this? I found a step by step guide on the ST2110 with Rivermax output, which is basically the same idea, but I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to do it with SDI capture card and can’t seem to figure it out myself.
Or maybe someone who can tell me what we’re doing wrong?

Some help would be appreciated :wink:

1 Like