NDisplay or Multiplayer - Best way to broadcast a screen to a projection for a dynamic MOCAP improv show

Hello!

This is sort of a complex question, and I’ve reached a wall in my development, so I’m gonna try my best and explain what my issue is.

I’m working on a real-time improv performance game that involves two performers onstage wearing mocap suits live-linked into Unreal.

The set up is that the audience picks the character, as well as the map.

Once the character is selected and the map is selected, we load into the map with our characters and the performers begin to improv.

I want to project the real-time 3d performance on a projector screen that’s projected behind the actors.

At the same time, there’s a few other instances of Unreal running. There’s a director mode, someone who has access to a bunch of cameras that are procedurally attached to each character model. The director has the ability to switch cameras and preview them onto the projected screen.

There’s another person who’s running a real-time level editor, that’s able to drag and drop any map asset onto the scene as the actors are performing.

I was wondering, if this is best set up through N-display or setting it up like a mulitplayer game. I’m not sure how to set up these different instances of Unreal and viewports.

I’ve set up most of the game but I’m not sure how to distribute these different “modes” across the best way. I want the audience screen to be to show whatever the director mode selects, while the world builder has their own screen where they can move and add objects.

At the same time, I need this to run in a packaged project, that has a functioning gameplay loop.

I just don’t know how to set up these different modes.

If anyone could point me to any tutorials or forums that could help me conceptualize a system for this type of work, that would be extremely appreciated.

I wasn’t sure how to move the Ndisplay viewport to PIE. If I could attach the Ndisplay viewport to the current game mode camera that would work.

All the best,

Joel