nDisplay - Is it possible to install only Switchboard Listener on my rendering machines without installing the full Unreal Engine?

Hi all,

I am learning nDisplay for VR use in CAVEs and it seems a bit wasteful to need to install the full UE on all of my rendering machines when all they need to do is run the SwitchBoard Listener and a compiled executable. Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 Like

Have you found a solution for this?
Thanks in Advance.

Unfortunately not, I’ve resigned myself to having to install the full UE every time on every rendering machine.

1 Like

I found a way to install switchboard on any machine without installing full UE.
But I don’t know how to open .exe files in the switchboard.

forgive me if I’ve misunderstood your application – but don’t you need the engine to do the rendering on your machines?

You can change switchboard setting as shown in the picture,and clear your node’s uproject path ,i’ m not good at english , and pls tell me how to install switchboard on any machine without installing full UE.think you

If you want to open the package with nDisplay output I will prefer a different method than the switchboard.
By default a packaged build wont open nDisplay file.
You have to export the nDisplay Configuration file as well and instead of opening the exe directly use command prompt to open the exe file with configuration.
But if you want switchboard for some other reason, you have to copy all of switchboard’s dependencies and place them in the exact folder paths in another machine too or edit the path of dependencies.

Thank you for your reply, But after I copied some switchboard’s dependencies and place them in the exact folder paths in another machine , switchboard can works properly,but switchboardlistener will always report error " Could not start FlipMode monitor …/…/…/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/PresentMon/Win64/PresentMon-1.8.0-x64.exe",and i don’t know how to edit the path of dependencies

I think I’ve solved it,I did not put swicthboardlistener in the win64 folder before, so I could not find the corresponding file. Now I can normally use nisplay on the node pc without installing UE5.

(post deleted by author)

Could you please provide detail steps of how to run package build through switchboard? I search everywhere but no articles clearly tell how to do this. Thanks.

Few posts above, there is a screenshot attached where he shows where to select the .exe file from the packaged build. Check that and let us know if that doesn’t work.