nDisplay: How to use player's camera?

Hi there!

I am working on a project where we are using nDisplay to create multiple nodes/viewports for already-built demos (eg MeerkatDemo).

I’m currently on UE 4.27 but will also be getting this working on UE5.

I have nDisplay working on UE 4.27, however there is one issue. The viewport renders are not from camera of the main player, instead it’s using the DefaultViewPoint. I found the feature to make the nDisplayConfig follow the player’s camera, so the rendering moves around with the player as expected, but since the DefaultViewPoint has its own position relative to the screen, it’s not the same as the player’s camera.

Is there a way to make each viewport use the main player’s camera, and thus render the same as if you were not using nDisplay?

I’m happy to share my project if needed to help illustrate.

Thanks!
Keith

If you want to have the same field of view (FOV) of the player’s camera, then you have to change the distance between the DefaultViewPoint and the screens inside your nDisplay config. Also, if you want to each viewport render the same image, then you have to position them at the same location inside your nDisplay config.

Here is the nDisplay dual monitor template, but with the two screens positioned at the same location (you will only see one screen, but there is two at the same location)

Here is the result.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Sounds very simple, will try.

I tried moving the DefaultViewPoint to the center of the screen and in the same plane, but that produced a weird result - the perspective looks wacky. I also tried moving the screen position around, and that does have an effect on the origin of the render, which was sort of unexpected. Can you give me a few more details on what I should set the size/position of the screen as well as DefaultViewPoint?

Thanks again,
Keith

When I have ndisplay setup, some reason they are not sycned across. So if I move on one screen, it doesn’t sync?