Navmesh not working when loading the levels

Navmesh not working when loading the levels

if i use one map , navmesh is working , but multiple levels the navmesh is not working

If you do level streaming, the navmesh should be put into the persistent level. Maybe this is your problem. Same is true for Player Start and Precomputed Visibility volumes.

1 Like

Weird, in this video (timestamp included) they say it’s possible to do it in the sublevels Getting Started with Level Streaming | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube… How does it work your way then? If the landscape is loaded in the sublevel, but the navmesh is already loaded, doesn’t that mean the nav mesh isn’t working for the streamed in level?

1 Like

It’s been over a year, but better late than never. I had a similar problem, but I fixed it by going to Project Settings. There’s a setting called “Should Discard Sub Level Nav Data” that defaults to true. Uncheck that, and it should work.

4 Likes

I was facing the same problem, when I started the game from Map1 then the Nav Mesh inside Map1 was working but when I started it from Map2, then the Nav Mesh is Map1 did not work (you can switch between the two maps mid game).

So in project settings, setting RuntimeGeneration to True under Nav Mesh settings, did the trick for me.

4 Likes

I had this exact issue. In 5.3 its project settings, search for runtime generation, set to dynamic from static.

4 Likes

It worked for me, on 5.2. Thanks.

2 Likes

Ran into this issue as well, none of the above solved the issue for me…however when I highlighted in my main level “RecastNavMesh-Default” there was a setting called “Fix Tile Pool Size” which is by default set to False. Once I set that to true, the navigation of the main level works when loading it from the start menu. Hope this helps someone as it took me a full day to solve this :slight_smile: