Navmesh did not appear on custom FBX

Hi there, new problem i faced yesterday.

i tries to import some building from Unreal “as allways” but… the navmesh didnt appear. I did several checks but nothing new.

I post a photo to explain it better.

i check in older projects and my old fbx works great. and did in same Maya versión 2016. In this projects import the new FBX ( is just a cube ) and did the same.

I checked that is Static cube, have an Collisión.

But nothings…

Any clue?

I am having the exact same issue - any solution to this?

i am having the same problem, did you find any solution ?

when Import the fbx file by right click and import option and than use complex colliosion as simple with enable collision option turned on. It works.

but when I do the same thing with on the same geo imported using ‘import into level’ option from file menu it doesnt work. I see the nav bound but I cannot teleport or walk onto it.

I have tried in many times in a fresh scene but no solution.
It seems to have problem with geo which is imported by import into level option in file menu.

Hi,

Does anybody have an answer for that ?

I have the same issue, where exporting just a cube for the ground from maya 2017 as an fbx v2014, and import it back to UE doesn’t create any collision with the Navigation mesh. Even after adding a collision mesh in the mesh editor.

Next to it I have a cube from UE which create collision with the nav mesh.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

thanks

Found a fix !

• First make sure your mesh have a collision mesh.
  • Second the nav mesh will only update after you restart unreal, so every time you want to update you have to restart unreal.

Epic is aware and there is a ticket about that :
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/330328/static-mesh-not-updating-navmesh.html