Nav Mesh Bouds Problem in VE ue4

Hi, does anyone know a solution to the navigation grid problem?
When navigating in VR, I would like to be able to move around the room sequentially, avoiding randomly going to another floor.
How can this be implemented?
That is, how to block navigation from the bottom plane of the floors ?

Hey @G.Piren!

So I think what you need to do is get the location of the end point for the teleport and the player’s current position, get the difference. Then when you release to activate the teleport, if the difference is too large, refuse the teleport. :slight_smile:

That would be one way to do it, there are probably many, many more, but it’s likely the easiest.

Thank you for your reply, but I am a complete novice,
Could you please show me your method in more detail?

Can you post pictures of your teleport code and I’ll try to copy it and add what you need? :slight_smile:

Yes, of course, I would be very happy if you could help.
This is a standard ue 4. 26 VR template with controllers

Let’s try something different because I don’t have 4.26 downloaded.

Can you select “Self” and look for this variable, and let me know if you see it? We can use that if it’s there.

I have it looks like this :frowning:

Okay! Well, it looks like you’re going to have to do some learning! :stuck_out_tongue:
You just need to learn how to set a variable and check it. That’s very basic stuff, so you can definitely learn that in nearly every starter tutorial that isn’t VR, VR is typically far more advanced. I would suggest maybe this one, you’ll come out knowing a lot more, and it’s all applicable to what you’re doing. Pay attention to the code and what you’re doing, not what the end product is. :slight_smile: (I know you’re not making a block based game, this is a learning thing)

Thank you so much for all your help!
I will definitely watch this video course

1 Like