Native Linux Kdevelop Includes: Non-existing Folder Paths

Hello,

I’ve working with a native linux setup of UE4 on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, along with a standard installation of Kdevelop. After including the paths from within the Kdev Include file, I’ve been getting a lot of errors from the parser for “auto complete”. Basically there are many missing folders within the Include file made by GenerateProjectFiles.sh. They are simply not existent.

• /home//UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/FX/Niagara/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/Niagara
  • /home/alasdair/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/Experimental/BackChannel/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/BackChannel
  • /home/alasdair/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/Media/AndroidMedia/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/AndroidMedia
  • /home/alasdair/UnrealEngine/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/BuildPatchTool/Inc/Sockets

…these are only a few of easily a hundred different missing paths that, simply put, annoy me with errors. My question is anyone else has had this issue and if there is a solution for this. Another question I have is why these modules are not being created, and yet include paths are being made anyways. I will try to find the issue in code, when time permits.
Thanks

Most of the errors, if not all, contain “B4D820EA”, which I’m assuming are tied to the fact that the engine is built from source.

These paths get created during the build (each build). I don’t recall why Intermediate folders were chosen to be added to the include paths (it’s not like you’re going to edit the autogenerated code), but they are safe to be omitted. KDevelopProjectGenerator needs to be fixed if it generates those paths.