Nathan McConnell - Real Cine Camera Pack — Professional Film Look System for Unreal Engine

I spent over 20 years as a motion picture camera assistant on real sets. When I moved to Unreal Engine, the cinema camera tools didn't match the workflow I knew — no false color, no histogram, no way to know where my subject was in the scene. So I built the plugin I wished existed.

Real Cinema Camera Pack is a professional camera simulation plugin for Unreal Engine that brings real-world cinematography tools into the engine — with a dockable UI panel designed to feel like working on set.

What's included:

42 real camera bodies — each with true sensor dimensions and color space. Includes 6 film cameras

80 lens assets with real distortion maps and anamorphic squeeze support (1.5x–2x)

46 real film stocks

36 optical filters — ND (0.3–3.6), Wratten 85B/80A/82C/81EF color correction, TBPro-Mist & P-Mist (1/8–2), Glimmerglass, HBMagic, filters — stackable like a real matte box.

On-set monitoring tools — the ones UE was missing:

  • False Color and Histogram

  • Distance measurements focus readout — know exactly where your subject is in the scene

  • Viewport HUD and Safe Area frame lines (2.39:1, 1.85:1, 16:9, 4:3, 1.37:1)

Post-process pipeline: Lens distortion → anamorphic flare → custom bokeh → lens dirt → vignetting → film color response (3D LUT) → film grain → halation → filter stack → OCIO color management

This isn't just a stack of post-process effects. It's a camera system built by someone who spent two decades on set — who knows what a 2x squeeze does to bokeh, what Port 400 does to skin tones, and why you need a histogram before you commit to a take.

If you're coming from the film world into Unreal Engine, this is the bridge.

Real Cinema Camera Pack brings real-world cinematography into Unreal Engine 5 with 42 camera bodies, 80 lenses, 46 film stocks, 36 optical filters, and a full OCIO post-process pipeline — all controlled through a dockable in-editor panel. Watch the demo.

Requires CameraCalibrationCore, LensComponent, and OpenColorIO engine plugins (auto-enabled). Documentation included as README.txt in the plugin folder with detailed instructions for installing.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for developing this great plugin. I am having an issue where packaging (Windows) fails during the Cook stage due to an error reading the .ocio configuration file included in the plugin’s Resources folder.

Here are the relevant error lines from the log:

LogOpenColorIOWrapper: Error: Could not create OCIO configuration file for C:/Users/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RealCine6b742169652aV3/Resources/studio-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio. Error message: Error could not read ‘C:/Users/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RealCine6b742169652aV3/Resources/studio-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio’ OCIO profile.
LogOpenColorIO: Error: Could not load OCIO configuration file C:/Users/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RealCine6b742169652aV3/Resources/studio-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio. Verify that the path is good or that the file is valid.

  1. Unreal Engine Version: 5.8.2
  2. Target Platform: Windows
  3. Plugin: Real Cine Camera Pack
  • In my project, I am using custom tone mapping/LUTs, so I am not actively referencing or using the plugin’s OCIO configuration profile in any PostProcessVolume or CineCamera settings.

  • However, during the cooking process, the Unreal Engine cooker attempts to parse/load the .ocio file located in the plugin’s Resources directory and stops with a fatal cook failure.

  • Temporarily renaming or excluding the .ocio file bypasses the cook error, but I would like to know if there is an official fix or a recommended configuration to prevent the cooker from failing on this OCIO asset.

Could you please advise on how to properly resolve or prevent this Cook error?

Thank you in advance for your support!