I have developed a cross-platform video recording API for games and apps called NatCorder. NatCorder was initially developed for Unity Engine, another game development engine, but now I am considering expanding it to support Unreal. NatCorder’s features include:
- Record gameplay to MP4 videos (H.264 and HEVC are supported) or animated GIF images.
- Record at any resolution you want.
- Control recording quality and file size with bitrate and keyframe interval.
- Cross-platform, supporting iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows.
- License-free, as it uses platform-native recording API’s instead of FFmpeg.
I want to get a feel for any interest in bringing the API to Unreal Engine. If interest is substantial, then I will get working on porting the front-end to Blueprints. Below are useful resources if you’re curious:
- NatCorder API: Recording Made Easy
- NatCorder API on the Unity Asset Store
- NatCorder API on Unity Forums
- NatSuite on GitHub
- NatSuite on Medium
I look forward to hearing from you all! Thanks.