Nanite meshes do not support drawing to RVTs, but documentation fails to mention it

Hi,

I’ve read the Nanite documentation:
Nanite Virtualized Geometry in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation ahead of trying to use RVTs with Nanite meshes (capturing some nanite meshes into a RVT). I first wanted to make sure that there are no RVT related Nanite limitations so that I do not waste my time trying.

The documentations doesn’t mention any. In fact, the article only mentions suggestion to actually use VTs with Nanite: " Virtual Textures are not required to be used with Nanite, but they are highly recommended."

After bashing my head against the table for over half an hour, I realized that any Nanite-enabled static meshes will just not draw into RVT using RVT Volume despite the required setup not having any flaws. This limitation is not mentioned in the article. It should be.

Oh you too? I throught I was the only one bashing my head for that XD
I wonder is there any work-around? Is there a way to converting RVT to SVT?

1 Like

You’d think information like this would be more looked into. Like WHY does nanite not work with RVTs? This would have been really helpful to see in the documentation below.