Nanite doesn't refresh when rendering with MRQ (ue5)

When using movie render queue, the nanite mesh doesn’t update like in the viewport, or doesn’t update often, leading to really bad looking meshes or virtual texture jiterring one frame to the other.
MovieRenderQueue using tiled rendering to output 8k:

Viewport on a 4K screen:

Both have the command r.Nanite.MaxPixelsPerEdge 0.005 but the MRQ glitch seem to use the really low poly version and didn’t update on every frame to get maximum quality.

It acts as if the movie render queue camera wasn’t the one that regenerate “depthgraph” or whatever it is called in ue5 (that trigger frustrum and all nanite update)

Lumen work fine, on the other hand (update of light and it’s bounces)

Do you know if there is the possibility to enter console command each frame of the MRQ render to update the nanite mesh every frame?

I use UE5.0.1 as render engine in our company for offline high definition render, our dataset consist of photogrammetry processed on RealityCapture with maximum texture count and is imported as tiled mesh on UE5.
I’ve checked the if there was hardware bottleneck but no (12gb ram/128, 11gb vram/24, cpu or read/write storage isn’t stressed)

1 Like

Bump, I have uploaded a bug report, am I the only one with the issue?

I’ve also been having this issue.

also had this issue.

I too seem to be having this issue. My scuffed workaround is to open the level in editor, then close it, then start MRQ. If I don’t do this, Nanite doesn’t seem to work properly (5.3).