Nanite and Lumen in Mobile

I’m wondering if would be viable to use Nanite and Lumen for Mobile Games.
I’m thinking to create a game for children similar to Roblox but 100x more beatiful. Some of the games for children are even fun but lacks too much on visual quality.

It would be a game with the low poly style. You might say that i don’t need Nanite in this case.
Well, at first i don’t. But, as said i would like to create something more beatiful than the regular games out there. No cube rocks and ugly models like that.

Here is some examples:

The Stone wall has 2,500 triangles. The Rock 270 triangles and the Wood Box has 3,300 triangles.

Regarding to materials; At first would be just one material with a single color texture and some instances for emissive materials, metallic, etc.

1 Like

You mean, better than this?

Those are all Roblox scenes, and they’re several years old.

In general, “beautiful games” come from artists, not from engines. The engines provide the tools to make it easier for artists to express themselves, and to deliver the gaming experience on the target platforms, but most of the “problem” with Roblox art is that it’s user-generated by a bunch of 13-year-olds, not some fundamental problem in the engine.

Second: The engine team at Roblox is smaller than the Unreal Engine team, sure, but it’s much bigger than “you.” Trying to outdo something that has literally thousands of man-years into it, is a pretty big challenge.

Third: Nanite targets high-end hardware. But those 1000-4000 triangle meshes you’re suggesting aren’t a problem for high-end hardware. They don’t need Nanite by themselves. And you haven’t even gotten into parallax mapping and geometry reduction yet – you can do all that without Nanite. But, again, all of these things are high-end graphics targets, and mobile phones aren’t well known for their graphics rendering prowess, what with needing to not burn the users hands and all…

4 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, i think i will need to work with those limitations in mind. I think Lumen is inviable to use in Mobile too, right?

Mesh optimization and Lighting baking is what always blocked me in the process of making games. So, Lumen and and Nanite bringed me a hope to create something.

Yes. But in the future they said.