My widget is working but still get an error

Hello, I have been working on this pop up on screen.

Basicly after an animation plays, it creates the widget on the hud and that’s it.

It’s working as expected but I keep getting errors that something goes wrong and I don’t understand what. It’s working correctly so whats the deal?

Here is the error and the blueprint:

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, in the second picture you can see the node that the error is refering too. That’s the problem for me that it’s giving me this error. I have multiple widgets all working in the same way without errors, its just this one giving me an error but still working correctly (widget is created on the hud). So if it’s finding an empty reference, why is it executing?

You need to click this

338798-screenshot-1.jpg

It will take you to the offending node. No matter what you think your code might be doing, you are passing this node an empty reference.

It means it’s running more than once… :wink:

I have a do once node in the chain. That should stop it from running more than once.

Then it looks like BulletJournal—instance ( I can’t read it ), is null. Or it can’t get the owning controller.

Yeah, I just checked with an “is valid” node, turns out invalid. Don’t know how to make it valid and why is it working for other chains then?

Well, where are setting it? Is it set for this chain?

I fixed it, had to use a different controller node.

338814-fix.png