My whole project is partially invisible. UE5

Hi. I opened the project i built in Unreal early access and it’s gone all wonky.
My Assets are there but everything is partially invisible. I can only see them if I move close to them and then they are all at like 10 opacity (figuratively)? all the gizmos for the skylight, sky sphere…have all become flat 2d icons. It’s all broken?
Any ideas what’s happening?

■■■■, did you ever figure out what happened or how to fix it? I’m facing kind of a similar problem now.

and i am here now, exactly the same look to mine, before I had a project do similar and it turned out the project name defaulted (even though it never had the default name) but thats not the case here

Hello! So I had the same problem and I managed to fix it, but I am not sure if the fix just happened randomly or if I fixed it.

So the way It worked (after restarting the project) is that I set my near-clip plane to 10. I set it to 0 on default, because I do not like near-clip planes

In case you never set this value, I am not sure what causes this. Anyway to find this setting go to Edit > Project Settings > General Settings > Near Clip Plane and set the value to whatever, just not 0, that probably broke mine.

Hope this helps to someone stumbeling here later on :3

3 Likes

ty i was so scared, they should not alow the near clip to be 0 if it causes that