My ThirdPersonCharacter Blueprint wont show up anymore.

My BP_ThirdPersonnCharacter suddenly disapeared.

When I went to open up my project today, which I’ve been working on for the past 10 days, I could not find my character blueprint.
It’s in the content files, but it doesn’t want to show in the content browser no matter what I tried.

I tried changing the name, creating copies, copying the entire folder somewhere else, and even copying it in another project.
Every other element appears normally when duplicated except this one.

I’m at a loss here because it’s also not the first time this has happenned to me.

I also never changed version of unreal so there’s no compatibility issues there.
I’m using 5.0.2

Hey there @Clemichoux! This issue is a rare one that I can’t replicate, but I’ve seen been fixed a number of different ways.

Usually the quickest to test is right clicking on that blueprints folder and selecting “fix all redirectors” this often cleans up any redirector metadata left around and in some cases fixes file registry issues.

The next one to try is one I’m not sure on why it worked for this user, but I don’t argue with results. Backup your project first, then move these files out and allow them to regenerate in the project when you launch it. This shouldn’t work, but worth a try. If it fails you can just revert to your backup or replace the files.

Lastly, move the offending BP out of the project, save and close it. Then relaunch and replace the BP.

Unfortunetly, none of these worked, and after further test even when giving out the BP to people and trying to make it show up on their end, It will never show up.

So I think the issue is not solvable and the BP itself must’ve gotten corrupted somehow (No idea how beacuse unreal never crashed once during this project and I saved normally)

Thank you for your response I will learn how to make cloud backups to avoid the headaches in the future !

Sorry about that! It it’s the only thing failing to register that’s entirely possible. If you’re so inclined, you could submit a bug report with the project itself and it may assist this issue get sorted for future users. Thanks for updating us on how it went!