Download

My text quality is bad when it moves

Hi. I need your help.

I made the Text Render actor dynamically in the BeginPlay method:

TextRenderActor3 = GetWorld()->SpawnActor<ATextRenderActor>(ATextRenderActor::StaticClass(), FVector(1001.f, 250.f, -200.f), FRotator(0.f, 0.f, 0.f));
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetText(FText::FromString(TEXT("Name: This is a text in my application.")));
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetTextRenderColor(FColor::White);
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetTextMaterial(InfoText2Material);
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetFont(InfoText2Font);
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetVerticalAlignment(EVRTA_TextBottom);
TextRenderActor3->GetTextRender()->SetHorizontalAlignment(EHTA_Left);
TextRenderActor3->SetActorScale3D(FVector(1.f, 1.71f, 1.71f));

In the Tick method I move the text with the SetActorLocationAndRotation method:

TextRenderActor3->SetActorLocationAndRotation(FVector(1001.f, TextRenderActor3YLocation++, -200.f), FRotator(0.f, 0.f, 0.f), false, 0, ETeleportType::None);

The problem is… My text quality is bad when it moves. It looks good without being moved.

What am I doing wrong? How can I do it better? Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Tick() receives a DeltaTime parameter, which tells you how much time elapsed for this frame. (ie milliseconds). You should include that in your movement calculations. ie, DesiredTextRenderActor3YLocation * DeltaTime

Thank you for your response. I changed it… But the text movement still looks bad.

Looks bad? :stuck_out_tongue: Include a video / animgif. :wink:

I’ll try after this weekend. :slight_smile:

I have removed the text font and material. Standard text settings looks fine. Probably I misconfigured the text material… But I don’t know how to fix it. Can you give me any correct example?

I’ve duplicated my material as it is described here:

Now it works fine. :slight_smile: