I’ve decided to start learning some 3D from scratch to improve my vision of the art side in my projects like The Hum:Abductions or The Hum.
So, as an exercise, I made this reproduction of my real life Apartment. I used Maya for modeling and QuixelSuite for texturing.
I spent around 3 weeks to make this, including learning stuff. I made most of assets and used a few that I already had from The Hum:Abductions.
Hope you like it.
Some things I couldn’t do as I would like to and that I want to improve, and some notes/questions for future (and for discussion )
- I coudn’t find a right AO setup. Maybe because I have too much small objects? It’s a mistery for me, pls enlighten me
- I need to learn how to do better DoF effects in the cinematics. The setups and transitions I tested were terrible xD
- Building lights took too much time (I have a powerful PC) even in preview quality. Maybe it’s common, but I think I need to learn better setups.
- I would like to learn how to do more organic stuff, like plant, ropes, etc
- One of my next things in my list of ThingToLearn is particles effects
- I need to understand better how to use Reflections wisely