My project name isn't properly displaying in task manager

Hi everyone, Has anyone had this problem when packaging their game? my project name isn’t displaying properly in the task manager, I have tried everything, and nothing seems to help. I am using UE 5.1.1.

I already change the name in the project settings and created a new project and package it and even in new projects with differents names this still happening, how can I fix this?

Did you try with that method ? Why does executable show UE4Game in task manager? - #16 by anonymous_user_d495f3b3

I tried but I don’t know how to do that Im new to unreal engine and havent use Visual studio :sob: is there a tutorial on how to edit the .exe?

I’ve been able to replicate and solve this.
The solution is to “enable” C++ for your project. You don’t have to code in C++, you don’t have to know C++, you just need to have it.

If you already have Visual Studios and it’s modules fully set up, you can skip to step 4.

1. The first step is installing Visual Studios. Here’s a direct download link:
    https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/downloadVS.aspx?sku=community&channel=Release&version=VS2022&source=VSLandingPage&add=Component.GitHub.Copilot&includeRecommended=true&cid=3601:e4cc97663cf7471e8d13894ebddf8b06

If that doesn’t work, you can download the community edition from here:
    Download Visual Studio Tools - Install Free for Windows, Mac, Linux

2. Now run the installer, and when it comes to a screen like this:

3. Make sure to check these and install:

If you accidentally skipped that or already have visual studios installed, run the installer and click modify, then follow the step above.

4. Next, open your project and click on Tools → New C++ Class

5. None will be selected by default, just press next

6. Create the class. Name isn’t important, this isn’t a file we care about

7. It’ll give a few popups, just click the blue.

8. Now close the Unreal Project- the previous message should’ve opened Visual Studios.

9. Now we build in Visual Studios. It’ll look a bit different for you since I’m using Rider, but it should still be under the build tab.

10. Now wait for that to finish building. If you get some errors, paste them into google. You may need to install a few other things.

11. Now we can close Visual Studios and just open our project as normal and package as before. The title will be whatever is in your Project Name instead of “UnrealGame”

1 Like

Make sure to edit both ProductName and FileDescription

1 Like

Hi @rokenrock you did it! this was the best tutorial I could ever dream of asking, tysm for helping me solving the issue! everything works perfect know! Im gonna screenshot this for the future!

1 Like

Hi @Arodi007 I was able to use this work-around as a soluton too, the c++ one is a final solution, nonetheless thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.