My Project After Updating 4.7.4... Doomed?

So after the update, this has happened to my project.

Basically it’s not working anymore. I left it working last night, but now… :frowning:

I can open the project… but it’s no longer playing properly. I’d also added the log file for the techs to see. I’m kinda having regret I updated to 4.7.4. [link text][2]

You should make a copy of your project before you open it in a new version in every case. You could add another engine slot to the launcher’s library and put in the previous version to open the project, then progress the correct way.

But its 4.7.4, I mean we can’t have 4.7.3 and 4.7.4 at the same time can we?

Even my 5 days behind worth of backup are messed up within this patch.

I want to believe that this version is broken, I’ve started a new project, nice and working, Then when I left and opened it again, my work is broken. This is the specific error I found in the log:

LogBlueprint:Error: [compiler] Error Internal compiler error inside CreateExecutionSchedule (site 2); please contact the framework team as we need a repro for this bug!

I did revert back to 4.7.3, and guess what, my project works fine as if nothing happen. There are no instance of this error anywhere.

I don’t know if I should be happy but the best thing is, i can continue my work where i left it :slight_smile:

My guess is that this would have happened in 4.7.3 too. But since they’re calling out for a repro, you might be able to help them out by giving them your files.

Hi Ranz,

When you say your project isn’t working, what do you mean, exactly? Does it not Play? Does it crash at some point? What did you do in the new project before closing and reopening it? Any screenshots or additional information that could help us reproduce this would be tremendously helpful.

Additionally, do a quick Verify on your 4.7.4 installation in the Launcher, and let me know if the same problems occur. Thanks!

Q: When you say your project isn’t working, what do you mean, exactly?

Well, something like this,

  • the camera of my player is moved at zero location.
  • controllers not working
  • no HUD
  • every time I open my project there is this compile error at the moment’s notice

Q: Does it not Play?
→ It runs in the PIE but just as i mentioned about the state of my work above…

Q: Does it crash at some point?
→ No

Q: What did you do in the new project before closing and reopening it?
–>Just the normal save, then close, then opened it again. then the same thing happened to my new project.

Any screenshots or additional information that could help us reproduce this would be tremendously helpful.
–>I just reverted back to 4.7.3, there’s no way i’m going back to 4.7.4 after what happened :S

Would you feel comfortable uploading the 4.7.3 version of the project somewhere and giving me a download link? I’d like to see what was causing the issue if possible.

Uploading it to my Google drive, where could i send the link?

I’ll give it to you asap, internet is slow at this time of hour in my area so it might took a while before i could send you the link.

You can post it here, or you can PM it to me on the forums if you’d prefer it remain private:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?32-Ben-Halliday

Sounds good, let me know and we can look into what’s causing the crash. Thanks!

Good day,

I have sent the link to your inbox.

Thank you!

This is a real problem. 4.7.3 crushed my project so I’ve actually reverted to 4.7.0 by getting the source off git.

My advice: back up your project right now if you haven’t already, then get the source and build from there. It’s a bit of a mess about getting it set up the first time, but it means you have a back up.

Hey Ranz,

Thanks for the project! We were able to link this project’s issues with a crash occurring in 4.7.4 (UE-13274), and a fix is coming soon. We’ve tested your project in the fixed version, and the issue no longer occurs. Let us know if you still have any problems once the fix is released (should be sometime this week or next). Thanks again!

Hi,

About my project, it’s working in 4.7.5 just like what it was in 4.7.3 with no issues at all.

Thank you!