My PC Shutdown With Unreal

Hi guys,
I have 4 pc , 2 on my office at work (i7 6850 gtx1080) , 2 when i work from my home ,i7 with ati HD7990 and i7 4790k with gtx970. In the last one i have the problems.

Unreal 4.15.1 it’s intalled on all pc, but where is the gtx970 i have continues shutdown when i work with Unreal.
Sometimes when i push play or open level blueprints and i found a way to do this problem always: i go in standalone game , pick the windows and extend it to my second monitor , int this way the pc shutdown like you unplug it from the powersupply!

I tested temp with prime95 and fur but the temp are very good, 64° cpu 63 gpu, and if i play a games or anything alse the gtx970 pc works great.

I try different recent nvidia driver build, but the problem still.

Anyone has a idea or solution for me?

Thanks

Edit:

1. i work in this moment with the same project in all pc but only just that with gtx970 shutdown.

2. No infinite loop in blueprint, in this case unreal crash, i know, but whitout
    put off my pc! :slight_smile:

3. at the first i thought that was a windows crash so i have disabled automatic restart to get the bluescreen , and memory dump…but no bluescrren , only the pc shutdown and restart

4. in Windows Event viewer there is a Critical Kernel Power Error “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.” but i think that is for the Pc shutdown

5)Windows 7 64bit

When you work on UE4 are you sure that you dont create in blueprint infinite loops?
If is not in your programming the problem try to found and upload the windows crash logs it must help to understand where is the real problem

Thank for you reply i added some detail to my post.

1. i work in this moment with the same project in all pc but only just that with gtx970 shutdown.

2. No infinite loop in blueprint, in this case unreal crash, i know, but whitout
    put off my pc! :slight_smile:

3. at the first i thought that was a windows crash so i have disabled automatic restart to get the bluescreen , and memory dump…but no bluescrren , only the pc shutdown and restart

4. in Windows Event viewer there is a Critical Kernel Power Error “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.” but i think that is for the Pc shutdown

5)Windows 7 64bit

Try the suggestions in this section of the troubleshooting guide. Particularly the ‘OpenGL’ workaround.

If it doesn’t work, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. And Update your post with this data.

Hello Extreme77,

We haven’t heard from you in a while, was MK Studio’s suggestion able to help you resolve this? If not, I would suggest continuing to look into other issues in the Windows Event Viewer since, as you suggested, that error that you found was only relating to the computer being shut down unexpectedly. There should be other errors related to the UE4 process itself.

Hi Matthew,
the problem still.
In Event Viewer the only error message says -Critical Kernel Power Error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first- nothing else. I try everything , rollback driver video also, but without result.
Stress test on Pc too with good result on gpu and cpu, stable and not hight temp , so i think is not my hardware fault.
With other 3d games is all fine and i use for my work very huge 3d software like 3dmax,vray for render (cuda usage) , after effects , photoshop ecc… and my pc run safe and fast :).

Extreme

Although you are telling that everything works outside Unreal Engine I would double check everything because it seems an hardware problem there, or maybe it’s just Windows that got corrupted causing hardware like issues.
Anyway if you already updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest available version to ensure updated CPU and chipset microcode, firmware are installed… then test the RAM with MemTest86. Test the hard disk and/or SSD for errors using the manufacturers test tools. And the PSU could be the issue too, underpowered or defective maybe?

The problems still, i try every stressed test for my pc and it’s works great.
Only Unreal do this , it’s incredible. Sometime i tick a option in the menu and…boom my pc shutdown.

I have to work on a project and in this way is impossible…:((((((

Are you sure your power supply has sufficient wattage to power your whole PC even with your graphics card fully throttled up? I once had a PC I had upgraded the graphics card in, but not the psu. It would shutdown when I was trading items with the crow in Dark Souls II and that was the only time I had a problem. Turns out, the gpu would throttle up at that moment and draw more power than the psu could provide.

I’ve never used power supplies with such low wattages. Are you sure it recommended a 500w psu and wasn’t saying that the card itself could consume 500 watts?

For the gtx970 raccomended supply was 500w , i bought a cooler master g650m, 650w and with assetto corsa, assassin creed, GTA V full detail HD and massive 3d program i never had problems.

At my office i have gtx 1080 with “only” a cooler master 750w and i never got this problem…it’s a mistery.

If you see a gtx 970 review the power consumption is around 280/330 w , it depends from model and from stress test.
Anyway if you have readed my first post , i have a pc with i7 and ati HD7990 also.The ati card it’s more power eater than 970 and i have only a 600w supply there, but no shutdown problem with unreal.

Ok. Swap your graphics card for that one and see if it still happens. If it doesn’t, there could be a manufacturing defect in the card. If it does still happen, the problem lies elsewhere.