My pc bbroke and saved one drive and dont have a map i made

So when i got my new pc after ;last one broke got onedrive on and where is my map i make money from it and i need to update it no way of getting on old pc also

Hey Zanderw614,

Never use onedrive with UEFN, it conflicts badly.

Do you know how to make a projects folder without Onedrive ?

Did you ever check-in-changes on your project before ?

Can you take your old hard drive out of your old PC and plug it into your new one ?

just passing through and I read your reply.
can you tell me how to make a project folder without OneDrive please?
is there a tutorial somewhere?

@Jack404 I just realised I was answering another thread as well as your question, raved on a bit but I’ll leave it for others to see.

I don’t know exactly how Onedrive works, but I assume it backs up Your User/Documents folder where UEFN project files are.
If you create a directory off C:\ Called UEFNProjects or something, then somehow make sure Onedrive doesn’t back it up it ??
Also create a directory called C:\ProjectsBackup or something.

But essentially load up UEFN and open a blank map if you go to Edit menu and select Editor Preferences…, under the Projects heading you will see Project Folders, click the + to add an array element and then Click the … to point to this new Directory.

Exit UEFN

If you have been checking-in changes sufficiently
Using Windows File Explorer MOVE the contents of Documents/Fortnite Projects to C:\ProjectBackups so they can’t be found by UEFN
Run UEFN and download your last check-ins.

If you haven’t been using Check-in changes
Using Windows File Explorer MOVE the contents of Documents/Fortnite Projects to C:\ProjectBackups so they can’t be found by UEFN in case of conflicts.
Then COPY the contents of your C:\ProjectBackups to C:\UEFNProjects.
Run UEFN and fingers crossed, hopefully you can recover some.

1 Like

Ima give it a go as soon as I have a second. I really appreciate your time, I hope this gets rid of that pop up that keeps complaining about being backed by OneDrive. :raised_hands:

1 Like

answer to all thoughs questions
OOF i ended up getting the map though so thanks for even replying

1 Like