My interview! :D

Cool you got an interview man. Sucks that Bethesda told ya to shut it down but least you can use the knowledge for the game you mentioned in your interview man. Best of luck man.

Congratulations :slight_smile: Great remake, by the way! Its very hard to get recognised in the game-industry if you are a one-man team today. People shouldnt be refused to remake something if one dosent plan to make money of it or distribute the project for commercial purposes.

Crying.
Downloading.
Even more crying.

Memories.

<3

Thanks, well if they would only think the same… but I’m working on a new game and hopefully reveal it soon :slight_smile:

Hehe, yeah, doom is in our heart :slight_smile:

> People shouldnt be refused to remake something if one dosent plan to make money of it or distribute the project for commercial purposes.

I completely disagree.

Of course, it depends on how good the remake is and what one is remaking.

Yeah I appreciate the effort that goes into a fan remake (non commercial) but it is certainly NOT ok to do without permission. The reason is if the owner of the IP at all plans on doing anything with that IP further, your remake could actually damage their reputation. Yes, it can certainly improve it as well, but the sword cuts both ways, so why should the commercial company take the risk? Also it potentially opens up other IP grey areas, so while your intention may be good, they may result in other people with bad intentions using your game as a precedent to harm a company or IP. Basically there’s no reason any commercial company should risk their IP on a not for profit remake from a third party.

And I am not calling out here, I mean anyone using someone else’s IP, with or without profit is more than welcome to do so as long as they know they’re likely to be shut down at some point… and ideally seeks permission in writing first. Again, the effort is awesome and there are many games I wish someone would revamp, but it certainly isnt in the best interest of the IP holder to allow!

These are the questions one should ask of themselves:

If you spend many resources creating a game with the intention of selling it, then someone else copies your game (story, levels, etc) with the intention of distributing it for free, is that a fair thing to allow?

If you created a commercially successful game years ago and have every right to believe a ‘re-mastered’ edition of that same game would generate even more income for you, but someone else recreates your exact game with updated graphics with the intention of distributing it for free, is that also a fair thing to allow?