My first PC build for ArchViz

Hi everyone.

I’m about to buy the components to build a pc. I was looking for advice in other threads since I’ve got zero experience in building one (I’m another mac user who’s going to switch to the dark side :P), so this is my first attempt, here is the list of components I’ve made on pcpartpicker…

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F4b723

Usually I use Revit, Rhino, UE4, Substance Designer & Painter, Blender, Photoshop and the Blizzard Games.

now the question is: this build will work fine in order to get arch viz? I’m talking about realistic scenes, like the made by UE4 Architecture (Architecture Real-time - Unreal Engine 4 Archviz - YouTube) and take it to VR.

Also, any advice in order to reduce the budget will be appreciated.

Thanks.!!!

How much RAM can that mobo hold? Don’t waste DIMM slots with 8GB DIMMS, I’d say go for at least 32 GB RAM, but if you only have 4 DIMM slots you want to be able to upgrade to 64 GB, so that means using 16 GB DIMMS, only if you have 8 DIMM slots can you use the 8GB ones.

32GB has been absolutely vital for us so I would try stretching to get that if you can.

The MoBo specs says it can hold 64 gb with 8 slots:

MEMORY SLOTS
8 x 288-pin DIMM
MEMORY TYPE
DDR4-2133 / 2400 / 2666 / 2800 / 3000 / 3200
MAXIMUM SUPPORTED MEMORY
64GB

I guess this is going to be the build. Thanks for the advice!

Get the biggest SSD you can afford.
x99 architecture has quad channel memory, go with 32gb (4x8), you can expand to 8x8 later.
If you are on a limited budget, dropping the water cooler and getting a 550w psu if no SLI intended would be great.