My first model with textures

Hello community,

Not sure if this is the right place to post it… but I wanted to show you my first model, without watching tutorials, and my first texture ever. I’m excited how it looks, tho I know it can be 1000 times better. So here it is:

Any suggestions? Critics? :smiley:

It is low poly version with normal map made from the high poly version of the model

This could really benefit from a once over with Substance Painter! Good work though!

Thanks!

Well i’m bad at making textures, that’s for sure :smiley:

Hello OzoneBG! I remember the times when I was excited of making first steps :slight_smile:

For a low-poly mesh it look totally ok. Texture is not scratched as far as I can see, so you did a good job when you unwrapped this.

Looks pretty good to me. Nice job.

Good job for your first model :D! Some suggestions for the future are to use more references and most importantly KEEP MODELING! The more you do, the better you get!

Thanks guys,

I think I might use this for my game’s base framework. And for making it fit in the game, it needs some scratches. To make them I need to use mudbox and put those scratches and rust in the specular right? Can I make scratches with photoshop too?

I’ll repeat what I said: Substance Painter :wink:

Okay, here is what i managed to make with Photoshop. Wow quite large :smiley:

Substance Painter you say… Is there a free version? I can’t seem to afford it right now… I don’t work yet :smiley:

I think there’s a free BETA but you can’t export in the free version!

Guess I’ll collect money to buy it then. Looks like very nice tool.