My Dead By Daylight game keeps crashing

I keep getting this error code and i have no idea what it means. It’s normally right after I finish a match or when I’m loading into a match and its pretty annoying to have to constantly reopen my game. Fatal error: [File:C:\J2\lPCs\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Ut

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Greetings @JadeApples

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Community Forum. We normally have pretty limited support for actual game titles as we primarily work inside Unreal Engine on the forum. I am familiar with the game, though. You’re getting a DirectX 12 error. Is this an error you’ve ran into ever since playing DBD or is it something that recently started happening? (If it’s something that randomly started happening, were there an changes to your hardware or big updates for the game etc? Including changing graphic settings, drivers, etc.)

1 Like

it only started happening after a big update a few weeks ago, i haven’t changed anything on my pc besides that.

Might be worth updating your graphics card, but like @FrostyJas mentioned, we don’t really work with other game titles and more focus on issues for actually making a game, but I think your best bet would be to update your graphics card. If you’re using NVIDIA, do it through their website and get the most up to date you can get (I don’t use NVIDIA, but I know going to their web is the best way), or in the instance of AMD, I personally haven’t noticed anything wrong with the Adrenaline Edition for UE applications.

Yea, what Myth said was pretty spot on. I’d start with the drivers on your GPU and research to see if other players ran into this after that update. I hope that’s helpful!