My character's weapon disappears when they walk through a teleporter. What is the problem?

Hey guys! I’m not sure if I’m putting this in the correct category so if I’m not, I’ll move it to where I should if I need to.

Not too long ago, I bought this template:
AMT (Asymmetrical Multiplayer Template, 4 vs 1) in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

The monster uses a weapon-blueprint that’s attached to a skeletal component from what I can see. I recently learned how to use the “Teleporter” node in Ue4 and it came with great results. Unfortunately, whenever the monster walks through the teleporter, the weapon removes itself from his body (But stays parented to his animations?) and floats about 15 feet away from him, getting further every time he walks through the teleporter.
On the offhand, all my players (Including the monster) have flashlights that are parented to the other hand socket and they work completely fine through portals.

I asked the author of the template whether it’d be possibly to do away with the weapon entirely and rely on the hands to do the “damage” to the player, but they didn’t know how either. Does anyone know why the weapon is moving further away every time he steps through the teleporter?

What nodes are used to teleport actor? Is it triggering on BeginOverlap? What is the link between Monster and Weapon? Only attachment? Or maybe some component?

I figured out the issue. I’m using a Teleporter node, with a volume trigger and an empty actor as a destination.
So, the problem was that in the template; the weapon is an actor in and of itself; being called to the player. The problem begins however; when an actor (the player or weapon) goes into a teleporter (Which teleports all actors). If a player swings their weapon (An actor) or walks through the teleporter, weapon first, it will teleport the weapon first without the need to teleport the player. I could resolve this issue a couple different ways:

1. Make a teleport button (Still haven’t figured out how to replicate it successfully) which would only teleport the weapon and the player both at the same time.

2. Make the weapon part of the player (Which I don’t know how to do either with this template.

Ah, I wish but it shoots off like forever away and stays parented to the animations of the player; so it always stays like 100ft away from the player afterwards lol

I think one of the first cheat method - to hide weapon, teleport and pick up weapon back ))

But you can just check and teleport only Pawns with Cast node. So teleport will only do his job with them and not with weapons, Items, etc

Yeah but then you run the issue of only the player teleporting and the weapon still staying back at the original teleporter while being parented.

The character needs to “spawn” the weapon and attach it to the pawn via socket. Now the character owns it and it’s a component of the character. Where ever the character goes the weapon goes and vice versa.

example …

https://i.imgur.com/QknjxCu.jpg

For multiplayer you want the server to spawn the weapon and attach it to the character. The server will replicate this action to all other players.

What is the link between weapon and pawn? Attachment? Or something else?