My character's hair, how to animate them

Hello !
I am doing a multiplayer game and I am adding hair for my character.

The problem is that my character is a girl and she has hair that goes to the shoulders blades.
For the moment, the hair is a static mesh that I attached to the head socket.
But when she moves her head on the right or the left, the hair is moving into her body ! It is a big problem…

How can I do to have long hair like that without having problem ?
I find :

• hair simultation : I don’t know what it is really, but I think that it doesn’t suit for a multiplayer game (because in takes a lot and I really want a lot of players at the same time)
  • Rigged the hair : maybe if I create a skeletal mesh, and attach the bottom of the hair to the shoulders blade, then the hair will not move in the body I think ? (But I have no idea how to implement that ! ^^’)

Would someone help me ?

Thank you a lot !

All the best

You need to switch to 4.24 because it has more full support for dynamic hair with the constraints in place to adjust for things like collision (or lack thereof in the case of hair moving into the shoulder blades and such) and can be modified in Niagara FX editor. I read the version notes of 4.24, and you should probably check those too to understand part of what is necessary for hair in UE, especially a multiplayer game where there’s more variations and customization involved for characters.

Ok, thank you for your answer, I will check ! :slight_smile: