My Character Keeps Floating Away After Hitting Floor

Hello All,
First of all the obligatory I’m new to all of this so please go easy on me lol.
My issue right now is that I want to make a character that can play around the map and do whatever, just a simple cube that always faces the camera (When right mouse button is held).
It works great for the most part and does exactly what I want, until I hit something, then it flies off and does it’s own free will.

Here is a video example showing both my code and my issue.

Here is a screenshot of just the code if that’s your fancy.

If anybody needs any other information from me I will gladly provide it.
Please help me get better!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Is physics enabled on the cube?

Yes,
If I turn off Simulate physics then I don’t bounce like I want but I clip through the floor which I don’t want

I think you’ve probably got to go all one way or the other. Either only ( or mostly ) use physics, or don’t use it, and have a collision volume to stop it going through the floor.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure how to stop it going through the floor, all the youtube tutorials didn’t seem to help. Can you explain it to me real quick?

I’m not a great ‘character builder’, which this is, but, one of 3 ways:

1. You can use line ( or capsule ) traces to find out if the object is nearing a surface and put the breaks on.

2. You can make the parent blueprint ‘character’ ( in the BP defaults ). Then you need to use character movement nodes to make it move, but the capsule will not let if pass through anything.

3. If you’re not satisfied with 1 and 2, then you can always make your own character from scratch in C++. Quite a lot of work, if you don’t usually do that kind of thing.