My car wont move

Hi,

I’ve built a simple 4 wheel car in 3ds max 2016.

It has a root bone and child bones for each of the wheels. The wheels rotate correctly and the front wheels steer correctly but the car remains stationary even though the wheels are spinning.

If the start position of the car is in the air the wheels drop slightly when the game is started but not by much and they aren’t wobbling about or rotating randomly as per a previous attempt. The wheels sit correctly if the start position is at floor level.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, check your physic asset to ensure nothing is lower than the vehicle body.

Hi,

I moved the collision field for the body of the vehicle so that it is higher than the point the wheels touch the floor however this made no difference.

The bones are all on a flat plane of 0. The bottom of the car body is 0. The centre of the wheels are also at 0 however the lowest point of the wheels is -18.989cm.

Andrew

I’m not sure if you have checked the samples but, try the Sedan.

If you right click (in your content browser) the mesh of the Sedan and - Asset options - Export you can get the fbx file and possibly load into max and compare the basic schematic to ensure it’s nothing mesh wise which is creating the issue ?

Feel free to post some screenshots mate and if I can help I will, still learning myself but vehicles is where I am at myself :slight_smile:

Any body find a a fix for this

It turned out to be a step that wasn’t in the tutorial at the time. The animation blueprint has to be a child of VehicleAnimInstance. That solved the problem.

Thanks for the help

It turned out to be a step that wasn’t in the tutorial at the time. The animation blueprint has to be a child of VehicleAnimInstance. That solved the problem.

Thanks for the help