My animation is being imported all messy and distorted from Blender?

Hey, I’ve made a animation on Blender and is perfectly fine on it. But when I import to UE4 4.24 is all distorted and I get this error “imported bone transform is different from original” and also, I can’t see the mesh on the animation preview, only is I force root lock. Does anyone know how is this happening?

Did you enable Root Motion?, It pretty much always says that transform thing and is invisible until the Root thing so get used to that lol. Before you export Models and especially bones from blender make sure you apply all transforms. Also Stuff can be messed up if you were say had the mesh in its first frame of animation rather than in its original position before you animated it. ALSO BIG WARNING…DO NOT…DO NOT…Apply your transform in blender for your bones while you are in an animation keyframe that is different than the bones original pose, like back when you actually set the weights and before you ever moved any bones. if you’re having problems understanding what I mean. Open Blender, Go to action editor in your “Dope Sheet” I think. Save anims to “Fake User” in blender.(Looks like a shield) Go to “Pose Mode” Hit A to select all bones. A little tab will be near top of view that says “Transform”, click it and hit “Clear all Transforms” This will put your model in the state where you had it before you ever posed it. Obviously you can skip all the transform parts if you know you had the transforms applied correctly and you remember what your original Pose was. Oh and in blender Make sure you uncheck “ADD LEAF BONES” or something like that, I never use it.
I know this was long but the whole Blender Ue4 Thing has a lot of Quirks. if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Like seriously it always says “Imported bone transform is different from original” and if done right I have never had issued after it telling me that.

1 Like

Oh yeah and when you export the Fbx make sure that the model and bones are both in that Original pose, Don’t hit export Fbx While it is actually posing your anims unless the first frame literally is exactly the same as your Original(before you ever posed) position. Again sorry this subject is kind of complicated without using my voice and video. TOTALLY MAKE A NEW BLENDER SAVE AND EXPORT MODEL WITH DIFFERENT NAME TO UE4 TO TEST EVERYTHING…BE CAREFUL ALWAYS KEEP ORIGINAL MODEL SAFE JUST IN CASE. also if you go with naming the model different, make sure it doesn’t try to import and use the skeleton you already have in your project, look carefully at the import setting, it will usually try to get you with that

1 Like